Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Excuses and A Word of Warning

For the past few weeks, five to be exact, I have been complaining that I have been battling a cough that doesn't seem to go away.  Last week, I went back to my primary care doctor.  She suggested that, since my blood pressure has been under control, that I stop taking one of my BP medications that can sometimes cause a chronic cough.  So I stopped taking it last Friday.  It's been five full days that I've been off of this medication.  I was not warned by the doctor (I intend to speak to her about this!) that I could expect withdrawal symptoms from this medication.  So for the past three days I have had a headache, felt excessively tired, and nauseous at times.  Today I finally woke up without a headache.  We'll see!  So why do I mention this as it relates to my weight battle?  For one thing, it weighs into my excuses for not exercising.  When you have a headache & can hardly keep your eyes open, the last thing you want to do is any activity!  Last Wednesday and Friday I did walk for at least 10 minutes.  I even avoided an excuse to not walk (it was raining!) on Friday by going to the mall and walking.  Monday I did not walk because of my malaise.  I did go to my handbell rehearsal which earned me activity points.  I didn't track very well last week -- probably about 1/2 of the week.  Gotta get better!

So now to the weight results for the week -- and this is where my "word of warning" comes in.  I gained 4.4 pounds this week!  Aaaagggghhhh!  Then I realized I had stopped this medication -- a medication that is combined with a drug that acts as a water pill.  I can't really see any other reason why I would gain that much in one week!  So I'm not going to hit myself over the head (that would cause another headache!) and get back on track this week with tracking & adding activity.

Hope you all have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment