Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Successful Challenge

I had another successful weight loss week -- .8 pounds!  Since I started my accountability blog, I have lost 6.6 pounds in 3 weeks (an average of 2.2 pounds per week).  Yay!

My challenge this past week was that I was going away for the weekend.  I went over my points for the week, but I still tracked every day and made smart choices where other times I wouldn't have.  For example, we flew to our weekend destination & we had to get up really early on the day we left.  Before we left, I had a breakfast bar to eat.  I also toasted a couple of mini bagels and put Weight Watchers cream cheese on them & packed them in my carry-on.  So instead of going to McDonald's when we got to the airport and ordering a 14 point breakfast, I had one of my bagels.  Then on the plane, I had the other one & a snack bag (airport version) of pretzels.  My daughter made a Weight Watchers Filling Foods Beef Stew for dinner and we had leftovers the next day for lunch.  What took me over my points was our dinner out on Saturday night.  I decided to have stuffed broiled shrimp, a baked potato (w/butter & sour cream), a tossed salad w/ dressing on the side, and a couple of rolls with butter.  Probably not the wisest choices, but I really enjoyed the meal.  And I was even able to find the points for stuffed broiled shrimp online.  I didn't feel guilty.  I was ready to take the consequences.  So I was very happy to have lost .8 pounds this week.  So now it's back to a regular week and being in control of my meal and snack choices.

My new goal is going to be adding more activity to my schedule.  In a month, my daughter, granddaughter, & I are going to Disney World for a day which will mean a lot of walking.  I have trouble, physically, walking sometimes.  So I'd like to increase my daily walking to see if I can't condition myself better for walking.  So this week, my goal is going to be to walk for 10 minutes Wednesday, Friday, & Monday mornings and to add at least 10 minutes of other activity on my non-walking days and on the days that I walk.  And my short term goal is to have lost a total of 10 pounds (by February 14th - Happy Valentines Day!)  before our Disney World visit.  And of course, I will continue with my first three goals -- tracking, eating breakfast, & controlling my snacking.

Hope you have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment